Friday, May 18, 2012

OPI I Eat Mainely Lobster

Of all the polishes in OPI's Touring America collection, this is probably the one that I normally would have been attracted to the least. With all the darker colors and funky colors, it seems unlikely that I would have chosen something like I Eat Mainely Lobster. I guess I was in a coral mood, because this is the only one I picked up.




I Eat Mainely Lobster is a pink-leaning coral that freaked my camera out. It's not nearly as... hot pink as these pictures would lead you to believe. It also has pink and gold shimmer, which somehow showed up kind of blue in my photographs? It's not blue. It's also not very noticeable on the nail, which is a bummer. I hate half-assed shimmer. What's the point of adding shimmer to a polish that barely shows on the nail? Surely brands test the polish before sending it to production! I think I used two coats for this.

Despite the fact that this polish is not very "me" and could use some more shimmer, I still really love it. It's definitely a warm weather appropriate color.

No comments:

Post a Comment