Monday, February 27, 2012

Revlon Siren

I felt like I needed something bright and cheery to combat the February blues. I chose Revlon's Siren, which is certainly bright and cheery. For those of you who live in colder climates during the winter, do you feel like things start to feel really crappy during February? Luckily, Spring is around the corner (hopefully).




Siren is a bright orange polish. Not quite highlighter orange, but it certainly does have a neon quality to it. The perfect warm weather polish (it would probably look super cute on toesies at the beach!).

I used three coats to even things out, as it was a bit streaky. Luckily, it applied pretty easily aside from that, and it dried quickly. Like neon polishes do, it dried to a satin finish, but with a coat of Seche, it was nice and shiny.

What initially drew me to this polish wasn't the color, but actually the logo. It looked retro to me, and upon further research, it is the original Revlon logo! Siren is from the Fire and Ice collection, which featured a relaunch of Revlon's very first lipstick. The rest of the products from this line are new, but I love that Revlon relaunched something vintage. I wish they'd relaunch vintage polishes! I'd buy those in a heartbeat!

3 comments:

  1. Sigh, yes, February is the pits. I went out to run some errands it was really sunny and nice and then as soon as I got on the freeway it started hailing. Um, WTF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel really crappy throughout the whole winter! I hate cold :( This colour is definitely fiery and would cheer me up in a heartbeat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh lovely, it looks juicy and fresh (if a polish can look fresh?!) I can't wait for spring and summer,

    ReplyDelete