Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Kleencolor Winter Wonderland

There was supposed to be a huge blizzard that was going to start yesterday, and go through today. Well, it snowed a little yesterday, but it was too warm to stick. And I guess it snowed today, but it sounds more slushy than snowy (I have been too lazy to go outside and look). At any rate, I decided to wear Winter Wonderland by Kleencolor.




All the glitter kinda freaked my camera out a bit, so the pictures are not the best I've ever taken, but you get the gist. Winter Wonderland is a shimmery lilac-y silver, with red, blue, orange, yellow, and pink glitter in it. It definitely has a winter vibe. It reminds me of Christmas lights on a snowy night, which I imagine was part of the inspiration. It's quite unique, as many Kleencolor polishes are.

I was not a fan of the consistency. Applying this was a pain in the ass. It was thick, and continued to thicken rapidly the longer it was open. It's on the sheer side, so I decided to use three coats. I should have stuck with two. By the time I got to the third, it was so thick it was nearly unmanageable. And worse yet, it pretty much refuses to dry. It's a good thing this polish has lots of distracting glitter, because my nails are so dinged up.

Words of wisdom for anyone considering this polish: a) work FAST, and b) if you can't deal with sheer polishes, skip it. Otherwise, I think it's a really pretty polish, that is likely to be unique in most collections.

You may or may not have noticed I changed my nail shape. I have been wanting to do something more round/oval for a while, as I think it so vintage-y and cute, and finally took the plunge. I like the square look on me, but I was tired of the edges constantly breaking off, and ending up with rounded nails anyway. I think rounded nails look best longer than mine are, but I don't think they are terrible. I am interested to see whether this style breaks easier or less easy than my square nails. I know it's kind of hard to tell with a lighter polish like this, but what do you think? Are you a fan or oval nails, or do you prefer something more square?

Also, I finally saw The Artist yesterday, and loved it! Have any of you seen it yet? Thoughts? The costuming alone is worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I had no idea a polish like this existed! It's such a great look, but I would have been sure it required lots of layering. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete