Sunday, January 8, 2012

A England Tristam

A while back I ordered a couple polishes from A England, and I am just now getting around to trying Tristam out.




A England made a big splash in the polish world when The Mythicals came out, so I know my swatches are nothing new. But when there was a sale on the collection a while back, and international shipping became free, I decided to bite the bullet and join the fanclub.

Tristam is a really gorgeous deep blue, with scattered holo bits thrown in. The holo is subdued in most light, but under bright lighting, it's visible. Even without the holo, Tristam is gorgeous. It's got this whole dark night sky meets deep parts of the ocean thing going on. It's a mysterious kinda polish. It reminds me of OPI DS Fantasy, but I like Tristam better.

The application process was very smooth. It needed two coats, and applied well. It may have been user error, but I found the brush a little difficult to work with, and had to do more clean up than usual. I was applying it in dim light, so take that with a grain of salt.

Overall, I'm really happy with A England so far. I love the idea of supporting a gal with a passion for polish, rather than supporting a huge company. Not that I'm gonna stop buying OPI anytime soon or anything, but you get the point. I also love that she took inspiration from history, and made a nail polish collection. It's a refreshing difference from the more generic collections. And I must admit I sometimes dream of creating a line of polishes based on a particular time in history. Maybe I'll share my ideas someday, but right now I feel it's some sort of secret lovechild I can't share with anyone.

Do you have dreams of starting your own nail polish line?

PS, if you're wondering why the cap looks all janky, my bottle of acetone spilled a bit and this was the result. The shiny bits keep flaking off. Pretty annoying.

1 comment:

  1. I have been seeing allot of this color and still want more. New Follower.

    ReplyDelete