Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Inspired by the Supernatural: Nicole by OPI Too Rich For You

I am just a couple posts away from finishing the 31 Post Challenge! Today is the 29th post, which is a manicure inspired by the supernatural. I've been looking forward to this one since I started the challenge. I love the paranormal and supernatural. I've had some unexplainable experiences myself, and I also love shows like Ghost Hunters. First I'll show you the polish, which is Too Rich For You from Nicole by OPI, then I'll explain more for those of you interested.




Too Rich for You has been on my wishlist for a while now, and Chi Chi at The Phalanges Files was kind enough to send it as an extra with the polishes I won at her recent giveaway. It was so kind of her to not only host a giveaway, but go through the effort of looking at my wishlist and sending me a couple items from it. What a sweet lady!

The consistency of this polish is on the thin side, but still quite easy to work with. There was no flooding around my cuticles, and it only needed two coats. On top of the easy application process, Too Rich for You is one of the prettiest polishes I have ever used! It just glows! It has lots of teal shimmer packed in a smoky base. It gives off an ethereal sort of vibe, which I thought fit well with the challenge. I love that it can look dark and vampy in some lights, but then really shine in others. It reminds me of deep scary parts of the ocean and rare jewels, depending on the light. I encourage you to look at the larger versions of the images, and let yourself by mesmerized by the shimmer. I can't get enough of this, and I also got a ton of compliments on it! It's one of those polishes that when people said, "Nice nail polish," rather than thank them, I was all, "I KNOW!!!!"

Now, on to why I chose this color, for those of you still reading. Beyond the ethereal quality this polish has, it also reminds me a bit of a paranormal experience I had (well, experiences really). I wouldn't call myself a medium or psychic or anything along those lines by any means, but I do feel I am somewhat sensitive to the paranormal, and I have had dreams come true (as well as some other things potentially too weird to be coincidental).

My parents' house was built in the 70s, by the people who owned it previous to us. So I figured it's far too new to have any spirits attached to it. But probably about five years ago or so, I started noticing this figure in the basement. I always see him in the same spot, and he never moves or acknowledges me. He's solid, and not transparent at all. He wears an older style suit (I would say somewhere between the 1920s and 1950s) and fedora, both navy blue (hence my choice of nail polish). Like I said, he's always just standing there, and never moves or looks at me. It's a bit strange, but not scary. I'm not sure why he'd be hanging around my parents' basement, but maybe he's got some attachment to the land it's built on. Who knows?

Have you had any paranormal experiences? I want to hear about them!

1 comment:

  1. Spooky! Maybe the guy is an older relative of the people who built the house--I know my father in law hasn't bought a new suit in years, so if he decides to hang around in the afterlife he might be wearing older style clothes even though their condo is newer.

    ReplyDelete