Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Essence Choose Me!

Today I woke up with a cold. The end of June and I have a cold! What a bummer!

On an unrelated note, last night I had a dream that I went on a shopping spree in Ulta. I must be going through withdrawals! I have put myself on a No Buy, which I told myself I was going to do a couple times before, but never followed through. I haven't purchased anything new since my last Ulta and Trade Secret trip. Going through my stash, I realized way more than half of the polishes I own have either not been tried ever, or haven't been photographed for this blog. So, until I go through more of what I already own, there is no need to buy more. We'll see how this goes.

One polish I purchased at Ulta a while ago, but haven't tried until now, is Choose Me! by Essence. I know we've seen an infinite amount of posts about this little guy, but bear with me.




Obviously we all know this is a dupe for like, 75 other polishes - but it's much cheaper than the others. Choose Me! is a blue-green duochrome base, with silver glass flecks in it. I got a ton of compliments on it! One of my coworkers said it reminds him of a mermaid's tail, which is exactly what I thought when I put it on.

I used two coats, and it went on perfectly! It was so smooth and easy to work with, and the brush is great. My only complaint is that clean up was hard. Acetone didn't so much clean up the polish as smear the polish around (note my pinky). In the future, I'll just have to be much more careful when applying it. It lasted a couple days before starting to chip, which was actually better than I expected considering how glittery it is.

I'm not too happy with these photos though. The messy polish bugs me. On top of that, my cuticles are in horrid condition! I tried to clean things up in Photoshop, but I couldn't hide everything. I'll have to re-do these someday.

I'm off to sip some tea and embroider!

No comments:

Post a Comment