Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sonia Kashuk Rock Star

Last night, I found a few bottles of nail polish on sale at Target. I tried out Rock Star by Sonia Kashuk first.
Natural lighting.

Natural lighting.

Flash.

As you can see, Rock Star is a deep indigo. I found the finish to have qualities of both cremes and jellies. The first coat was very translucent and spotty, and was surprised to find that it evened out perfectly with the second coat. I was sure this was going to be a three-coater. On the nail, it looks like a creme, but I think it has some of the "squishy" qualities of a jelly.

The color of this is awesome. An almost-black that shows more purple in brighter light, but also can look navy blue. The application was great: not too thick, not too runny.

Please ignore the tip shrinkage. I didn't get a chance to photograph this last night, and when I woke up this morning, Seche Vite had its way with the polish. Oh, Seche - I love you, but I hate you.

Minnesota is supposed to get hit with yet another huge snow storm today. I hope wherever you are, the weather is nicer than it is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment