Sunday, February 6, 2011

American Apparel Passport Blue

Here's the second of three American Apparel colors I own, Passport Blue. Basically all of the nail polish bloggers out there have raved about American Apparel polish, so this is a bit redundant, but I really do like these polishes. Like Office, the application of this was great. Color-wise, this is totally me. I love "almost black" colors, and this definitely fits that bill. I've got a little bit of tip wear after the second day, but that's par for the course for me. I used two coats.

Indoor lighting, no flash.

Indoor lighting, with flash.

Natural lighting, no flash.
Unfortunately, the sun is still MIA, so I haven't been able to get a photo in the sunlight. Summer, where are you?! But, I think these photos still show that in a lot of lighting situations, the color appears black, and if it's bright enough, you can tell it's actually a navy blue.

Also, I'm playing around with the style of my photos. I actually used my DSLR for these guys, even though I really need to get a better lens for it. I tried to up the contrast a bit more, since Blogger likes to wash out my photos. I think I like the square format of these images better than my previous ones.

On the bright side, I think my nails and cuticles look loads better in these photos than in my previous ones.

The last AA color I have to use is Manila. I also purchased a couple Nicole by OPI colors last night that I am excited to try!

1 comment: